“The key to a healthy life is having a healthy mind”
What comes to your mind when you hear the word “wellness”? physical health, nutrition, exercise, or maybe weight management?
Wellness is a holistic integration of physical, mental, and spiritual well-being, fueling the body, engaging the mind, and nurturing the spirit.
But how do wellness and health link together? Simply, Wellness is the ability to achieve optimal health and to live to the fullest because nowadays, health is not limited to the absence of disease and disability but it is a state of emotional, physical, and social well-being.
- Social Health
We’re becoming increasingly accustomed to talking about our physical health. But what about our social health?
It’s important to understand how it is different and recognize the benefits of improving your
connections with others, adjusting to social situations, and feeling belongingness to society.
Here’s how to begin creating a more socially healthy lifestyle:
- Connect with others by volunteering, taking a course, and maybe traveling.
- Care for yourself and others.
- Shape healthier family habits!
- Bond with your kids better, observe, ask questions, and do things together.
- Build Healthy relationships and interact with others.
- Mental Health
Looking to boost your mood, handle your emotions better, or build resilience? There are lots of things we can try to take care of our mental well-being such as:
- Practice gratitude, remind yourself daily of things you are grateful for.
- Try meditation
- Relax and manage your stress
- Spend time in nature
- Try to get enough sleep
- Set goals and priorities
- Emotional Health
What is emotional health? Emotional health pertains to our ability to muddle through negative and positive emotions.
Emotionally healthy people are very good at acknowledging how they feel concerning things that they find unpleasant.
Here are th
- Manage your time wisely because it will help lower stress.
- Find someone whom you trust and can share your feelings with.
- Seek professional help when you need it.
- Smile even when you don't feel like it.
- Learn to say no, and do not burden yourself with what you cannot bear